BigBob, Shop manager/Service Manager
Experience:  Shop Manager with 25 years experience

Toyota Seinna: I have a 2002 Toyota Seinna that has a belt

I have a 2002 Toyota Seinna that has a belt squeal on start up or at low speeds. What do I need to check? The belts were replaced about 1 1/2 years ago.

Greetings and welcome to the website!!!!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help you with your question today.

It sounds like the belt has stretched a little and will need to be tightened up. There is a adjusting lock bolt that you loosen, then an adjuster bolt that tightens it up .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address any follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will givt this a try first thing in the morning.

No problem I will be on then, talk to you soon.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I adjusted the belt tension and it appears you were correct! I started the van several times and took it for a test drive. Not one squeal!

Is there anything I should check in the near future?

Great news!!! You can buy a belt tension tool and check it periodically, but other than that you are good to go. Sometimes belts stretch a little over a couple years and this happens. Glad I could help.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.