AMD
AMD, Toyota Certified
Experience:  Master Automobile Technician L1 Advanced Level Specialist
65953032

location of ignition coil b on toyota avalon limited 2006 model.Engine

location of ignition coil b on toyota avalon limited 2006 model.Engine light is on,VSC WARNING LIGHT IS ON
Category: Toyota
Expert:  AMD replied 1 year ago.

AMD :

Hello and thank you for trusting us with your Toyota question, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

AMD :

Are you available to discuss your question at this time?

Customer:

YES, I AM ONLINE

AMD :

Hello How are you doing today?

Customer:

DOING FINE UNTIL THE CAR GAVE THE BAD NEWS

AMD :

The news are not actually bad at all. The coil is one of the front coils that are very easy to get to.

AMD :

Coil no. 2 is coil B which is the first coil on the front bank on the passenger side. meaning it's the coil towards the belt in the front.

AMD :

as soon as you remove the grey engine cover the coil will be behind it. should take about 2 minutes to replace.

Customer:

THANK YOU.....IF STANDING IN FRONT OF THE CAR,WHICH IGNITION COIL IS COIL B?....IS THAT THE ONE ATTACH/ON TOP OF THE SPARK PLUG?

AMD :

Let me get you a picture

Customer:

O.KAY

AMD :

I marked the coil in red here's how you replace it

AMD :

Disconnect the connector then take the 10mm and pull the coil out and replace it

AMD :

once you get the new coil in erase the codes by either disconnecting the battery or erase the codes with a code reader.

AMD :

did you have any other questions for me today?

Customer:

WHERE IS THE PICTURE?

AMD :

Did you get the picture? Also if not are you using a tablet or phone to access the site?

Customer:

DESK TOP

AMD :

Did you get the picture now?

Customer:

LET ME TRY ...HOLD ON....NO.CODE 404.NOT FOUND........Why don~t you tell me in writing the loacation...i have a pretty much of idea where it is located......

AMD :

OK If you are standing in front of the engine, and you have taken the cover off the engine you will see three coils in front of you basically all the three of them look exactly the same shape. Coil B is the first one from the left or the passenger side of the engine.

AMD :

Click HERE to access the picture let's try it again since a picture is worth a 1000 words

Customer:

T.Y......SO IT IS THE ONES IN FRONT RUNNING LEFT TO RIGHT

AMD :

Yes that is correct. the cylinders in the front are 2 4 6 from the passenger side to the driver's side. so 2 is the first one.

AMD :

Coil B is coil no.2 on cylinder no.2

AMD :

And the VSC light will go off as well once you replace the coil and erase the codes.

AMD :

Did you have any other questions for me today?

Customer:

thank you for the help.This will save me a bundle. ...I have no further question....the picture will help a lot........by the way..i love to tell jokes...are you up to one?

AMD :

You're welcome! I'm glad I could help! Of course I'm up to a joke! A good one would be great! I'm all ears!

Customer:

well heere goes......How do you curse somebody with out him/her knowing it ?

AMD :

Flick them up as they walk away?

AMD :

Sorry that was unprofessional!

Customer:

that is nice but you can say it loud.....just say A.H.hhhh Loudly....(?)

AMD :

Ha ha ha ha.

AMD :

That's a good one!

Customer:

yes.... A ..is for ...ASSS.............H...is for Hole.

AMD :

lol yeah I got that! now we have a professional way to curse! lol

Customer:

hope top contact you some other time...bye....

AMD :

I wish you the best. Have a wonderful day.

AMD :

A positive rating for my input would be greatly appreciated.

AMD :

thank you for using justanswer.com

AMD, Toyota Certified
Experience: Master Automobile Technician L1 Advanced Level Specialist