Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

prius: how much does it cost to have a 2005 toyota air condition

how much does it cost to have a 2005 toyota air condition fixed prisi here in va beach
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. It really depends on what the problem is. Did it slowly stop working, stop at once, ect? Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can you call me by phone/

I'm sorry but we are only able to communicate through this website. Did AC stop working all at once or slowly stop working? Has anyone looked at it yet? Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes and the price was toooo high how much will it cost and i was told that it need a compressor stoped workinf all together

How much were you quoted? If the compressor has failed it will be a little spendy but I might be able to help you buy parts yourself to save some money. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they said over a thousand dollars plus labor

I can definitely understand not wanting to pay that much. Did they say replacing compressor and recharging the refrigerant was all they were going to do? Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not know all i know is that the only one that can fix it is the dealer ship so far they say that the battery has something to do with why they are the only one that can do it my daughters car is the one i am asking for

The compressor is $1000 alone at the dealership so that is why the price is so high. Then it is about 3 hours labor to install compressor and recharge system then another $200 for refrigerant. Your best option is to buy the compressor yourself which should probably be able to cut costs in half. Here is one on ebay you can win for around $100 then if you have a shop that doesn't charge as much as dealership you can probably have this all fixed for around $500. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you i wish that you were abled to fix it can you recomend

or do you do the work ? if so how can we get in touch(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

I live in Northern Minnesota so I'm afraid that would not be possible even if that website did allow it which they don't. I would recommend buying the compressor yourself off ebay then call around at least 5 other shops for quotes. Also if you call your local parts stores they can usually give good recommendations of shops to try. Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks.