Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

Camary: 1999 camary with 2.2 engine. We changed the transmition

1999 camary with 2.2 engine. We changed the transmition and once it was all back together, the dash cluster does not work. No tac, no speedometer, no temp gage no lights, no nothing. I can't imagine anything we did causing this, but I can't seem to figure out why nothing is working on the dash. Also, it seems that the fans are not coming on either but since I can't see what the temp is, maybe they are not suppose to be on. Any suggestions? Thanks
Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions! On the transmission case itself there is a ground cable. Did you get this clean and securely tightened? Do you have a voltmeter and a reasonable knowledge of how to use it? Did you inspect all of the fuses under the hood and in the fuse box behind the coin box on the driver side?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are four ground cables that are connected good and tight to the transmition. I do have a voltmeter and know how to use it. Fuses under the hood seem to all be good. Have not looked behind coin box yet

In the fuse box behind the coin box is a 10 amp gauge fuse.
Make sure you have 12 V going to it and the fuse is good. This fuse is the
primary input to the instrument panel. Also the 7.5 amp dome light fuse in the
fuse box under the hood needs to be powered up and good. Let me know you find
with these two and we can go from here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, as it turned out, it was just the fuse behind the coin box. Didn't know that was there... no owners manuel in the car... so I was just looking at the fuse box under the hood. Looks like it is good to go now. Thanks

Glad to hear all is well.