hauto, technician
Experience:  AS degree from an automotive college, 15 years hands on experince

tacoma: The tire pressure monitor light blinks, and then stays

The tire pressure monitor light blinks, and then stays on. I checked the pressure in the tires and added air when necessary, but the light does not go off. I attempted to use the reset switch as per instructions found on the internet with no results. Any ideas? I am tempted to ignore the light and just manually check tire pressure. Is there anything substantially wrong with this plan?

Thanks for using JA

If you can tolerate the light staying on then your plane will do.

if not you need to read the fault codes in the system to see if one or more if the tire sensors are faulty or if it's a module issue. after market scanners that read fault codes like the ones used by advance and or auto zone don't work on this, you'll need a specialized scanner at a repair shop or a dealer.