Boxer54, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech with L1 certification, Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician

tundra: 2007 Toyota Tundra 4.7 engine. Will not start when

2007 Toyota Tundra 4.7 engine. Will not start when hot out. Sprayed starting fluid in intake started and ran. Any ideal.
Thank you for trusting us with your questions. Have you used a fuel pressure guage to see what the pressure is when it acts up?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is no place on truck to hook up fuel pressure gauges. Also does fuel pump run for two seconds when you turn key on? Truck has 25000 miles on it.
You will have to use an adapter hooked up inline with the fuel lines. It goes on the quick connect fuel line fittings on the left inner fender. No, this fuel pump does not run until the engine is cranked.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok , I can take it from here. Thank you
No problem. My gut says you probably have a bad fuel pump. Your symptoms would indicate that and a good fuel pressure test will verify. Let us know if you need further assistance with this issue.