Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine

Toyota Highlander: 2005 highlander ac cold air passenger side

2005 highlander ac cold air passenger side no cold air driver side
Thank you for using Just Answer for your needs. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can understand better as to what is going on but this will allow me to help you in detail.

Have you checked the Hi and Low side pressures yet? Also did you check the system for any leaks?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Pressures are good, I serviced it recently. I get cold air on the passenger vents but only mild cool air on the driver side vents. Could it be a vaccum problem or a control problem, such as the directional knob

Great it's sounds like you know what you are doing then.

It sounds like and what we run across is a control problem. Watch the servo and make sure that it is moving fully and if not replace it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can troubleshoot problems, but I'm getting old. Where is the servo, is it under the dash in the passenger side. What do I look for.

I see. Yes, it is on the passenger side under the dash. It's just left of the glove box.

There is also one servo just a bit higher but that one is the Re-circulation Servo motor.

Here is a part location breakdown.....

You will have to look in between the servo and the box to see if it is moving fully.

This is a common problem on these older Highlanders but so is the condenser leaking around the desiccant tube at the top of the condenser on the drivers side so please be sure that the system is topped off with no leaks before you pull the dash to replace this servo.