Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

I have a 2006 Toyota Avalon xls. The Air is blowing cold on

I have a 2006 Toyota Avalon xls. The Air is blowing cold on the passenger side but not on the driver side. There is about a 15 degree temp difference.
Is it the A/C temperature sensor on the driver side?
Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions! Did you check the refrigerant level? Do you have dual climate controls?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dual controls - did not check refrigerant. Figured if the air was blowing cold on one side the refrigerant was fine. My mechanic thinks its a flap or door that is stuck but it's blowing on both sides just not at the temp it should on the drivers side

There is a tech bulletin that explains that if the refrigerant gets even slightly low the first sign is that the system will cool uneven left to right. This is common. The only way to know for sure is to draw all the refrigerant out and see what was in there then recharge with the proper amount. This has dual temp servos but they rarely fail. If the heat is even left to right then the servos left to right are fine normally.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok- but the heat is off also - blew ice cold on the driver side.

Make sure the servos are working and confirm there is coolant circulation and the coolant is not low. If the heater core gets restricted the passenger side will be cooler then the drivers side on max heat. The servos are on either side of the box.