Amedee, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Corolla: I have a 99 corolla with what looks like a water pump

I have a 99 corolla with what looks like a water pump leak. I have 2 questions: 1) How can I verify that the leak is from the water pump and not another source? 2) How difficult is it to replace the water pump on a 99 corolla?

If this question looks familiar, I asked it 10 minutes ago but forgot to login to my account. Sorry about that.
Hello and welcome to just answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with your question.

The best way to verify this is to pressure check the cooling system using a cooling system pressure checker. This will make it much easier to check the system for leaks.

The water is not hard to replace on this engine. It calls for 1.9 hours labor to remove and replace the water pump. If you have some basic tools, you can do this repair yourself.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm getting started on the repair. I have a new pump, 2 gal of coolant, gasket, and gasket sealer. Is there anything else I need? Is there any unforseen obstacle that you can warn me to look for? I will be back online if we encounter any problems. Thanks, Greg

Besides the tools to remove and replace the water pump, you will just need to bleed the cooling system when getting everything back together after the water pump is installed.
This is pretty straight forward but if you need help, just let me know!