Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Toyota Camry: how can I unlock my drivers door, on my 2004

how can I unlock my drivers door, on my 2004 TOYOTA CAMRY LE/XLE/SE 4D the key doesn't unlock it, when I put key in it will unlock all the other doors but not the drivers door? When inside can press the unlock button unlocks all doors but the drivers side? Please help!
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Toyota Service :

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you by discussing your request in detail, Thanks.

Toyota Service :

Does the interior manual lock/unlock work when manipulated?

Customer:

Yes it works for all the other doors but not the drivers side

Toyota Service :

It sounds to me like the electric lock solenoid, located inside the driver door, has failed.

Toyota Service :

What is the first digit of your Vehicle Identification Number, a J or a 4?

Customer:

Just a minute I have to go look

Toyota Service :

Ok, take your time

Customer:

Its a 4

Toyota Service :

While you are looking for the digit, please allow me to tell you that in my Toyota shop, we see this quite a bit, The door lock/unlock motor is a common failure unit these days. Let me get you the part number and the cost.

Toyota Service :

The part number you need is 69040-AA050; the cost of the part is roughly 250 dollars, plus installation; this should take about an hour of time to replace.

Toyota Service :

The 4 indicates an American built car. If it was a J, that would indicate a Japan production vehicle, the parts are different here vs there

Customer:

Ok thanks

Toyota Service :

You are very welcome, do you have any other questions for me today?

Customer:

I don't guess so , it doesn't sound like something I can fix :(

Customer:

Is there anyway I can get it open till I can fix it?

Toyota Service :

The inner door panle need to be removed to facilitate the replacement of this device. It is not 'hard', per se, but familiarity with the inner workings of the door devices would be a plus.

Toyota Service :

You could remove the inner door panel, and manually move the lock rod.

Customer:

Ok Thanks

Toyota Service :

You are very welcome. Thanks for choosing Just Answer for assistance today. I trust that my input is satisfactory. If so, a Positive Rating would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience: 30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner