AMD
AMD, Toyota Certified
Experience:  Master Automobile Technician L1 Advanced Level Specialist
65953032

Toyota 2004: 2004 sequoia. Vsc Trac vsc off and brake light

2004 sequoia. Vsc Trac vsc off and brake light intermittent on for past 2 yrs. Took in when lights were on after difficulty stopping. Told I needed a new ecu computer. Replaced it and as soon as I got vehicle bak lights bak on. Then was told it was a brake booster and gaskets. 1300. I complained and they fixed w no charge. Immediate after picking up vehicle lights came bak on again. Only difference no brake light. This x vsc Trac , off and engine light for first x. Told to bring vehicle bak in for 3rd x in 2 weeks. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  AMD replied 4 years ago.

AMD :

Hello and thank you for trusting us with your Toyota question, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

AMD :

I just would like to verify, is your check engine light on now along with the other lights?

Customer: Yes now the vsc lights and ck engine. Not the brake light anymore. I am working w a Toyota dealership for service but wanted to reach put to someone else.
Customer: When I turn the vehicle off and bak on these lights stay on before this last fix it was intermittent
AMD :

OK Did the dealership provide the trouble codes from the last times? like on the reciept what was their description of the problem for my reference?

AMD :

the reason that i asked for this is that i am trying to understand exactly what's going on with the vehicle so I can give you accurate information. thank you.

Customer: on the last visit they said even tho they fixed the ecu computer las week now I needed to replace the brake booster which I jus did. I don't have the codes but las fix this weekend was brake booster.
AMD :

OK, I don't know what to tell you about this problem since I don't have the codes, I am aware of the abs ecu problem but I am not sure about the brake booster.

AMD :

The abs ecu problem is a known problem with your model sequoia. But the brake booster I don't know about. Now if you want to check their work real quick, stop by any auto parts store and have them read the codes for you, they will do so for free, get back to me with the codes and I'll give you an idea of what's going and why the lights are on now.