Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Toyota Prius: 2001 Prius. The auxiliary battery has been replaced

Customer Question

2001 Prius. The auxiliary battery has been replaced and seems to hold a charge. The car starts easily from a boost. It seems like the charging system is not recharging the auxiliary battery. Is this likely to be a major repair?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is Dan and I'm here to help get your problem resolved. There is a TSB toyota put out for this issue. The fix is to install new wiring hardware, new battery tray so a bigger battery can fit, and then the new battery. Here is a copy of the tsb, let me know if you have any questions at all. Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This Modification in the Service bulletin was carried out years ago... as indicated, the battery had already been replaced. The new Panasonic battery and tray are in the vehicle. The question involved what repair may be required if the charging system is not charging the battery.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for update John, I wanted to make sure that was done as it was a very common problem. Does vehicle start without a jump ever? If not, battery is dead. Check it out and let me know. Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Seriously... with all the information I provided, your answers is to check if I have a dead battery.... Did you even read what I wrote all the way through?