Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics

2002 Toyota Tacoma: cyl..check engine code p1135.

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4-cyl. check engine code P1135. what does this mean. truck runs great
Welcome! I'm Ron Z! I will do my best to answer all of your questions. For easy access to this thread, bookmark it now! Please read everything!

The P1135 is a fairly straight forward code pointing to a fault with the internal heater for the A/F Sensor (aka Oxygen Sensor). The on-board computer uses this internal heater to get the sensor to normal operating temps within a matter of seconds on cold starts. Although this will not show any engine performance symptoms, you may notice a small decrease in fuel economy. Carefully inspect the electrical connector for any loose or broken wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, replacing the sensor will solve the problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ron Z. It raining right now so I can't check this out but I will reply ASAP.

No Problem. It's an extremely common Toyota fail item. Replacing the sensor will fix you up, no doubt. You'll be just fine...