ToyoPro, ASE Master Certified
Experience:  Master Technician, 17yrs Automotive Industry

2002 camry: engine running..running ok no acceleration when you push

2002 camry engine running ok no acceleration when you push on gas peddal
Category: Toyota
Expert:  ToyoPro replied 4 years ago.

ToyoPro : Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will be back with you in just a second.
ToyoPro : Is the check engine light on? Car jumpstarted or battery replaced recently?

Yes, engine light has been on for a while. No, car has not been jump started or battery replaced . Car lost all excelieration while driving. Engine running OK.

ToyoPro : Check the etcs fuse under the hood to make sure it is not blown.

I don't have access to the car since it is where it stopped in a parking lot. I had taken the fuse from the horn, which was working and put it in the etcs spot but til didn't help.

ToyoPro : The next step will be to check it for stored trouble codes. Most likely there will be a throttle body failure. After checking it for codes you may try removing the negative battery cable for about 10 min to reset the ecm. Some times that will fix it for a little while.

If I do that and it doesn't fix it? Would there be next step?

ToyoPro : The next thing I would do is check it for codes. Most auto part stores sell and rent scan tools. The codes will be very helpful for diagnostics.

Thanks for your help. I will follow your instructions as soon as I can get to the car tomorrow. If there is no other advice I guess we are done.