Pavlin Koev
Pavlin Koev, CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN
Experience:  17 years hands on,Experience cars and trucks, gas and diesel

2001 corolla: power windows, dash lights, gauges..lights stay

I keep blowing a 10 amp fuse on my 2001 corolla, it's the fuse for the power windows, dash lights, gauges, and heater/air con blower fan, it comes and goes, sometimes weeks between blown fuse, other times the second I start the car. Almost always when it is working okay, when I shut off the car, the heater fan and lights stay on until I turn off the fan switch itself. Any idea whats at fault?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I'm still waiting an answer to my question, it's now been 24 hours and no reply
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still waiting
Expert:  Pavlin Koev replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome to Just Answer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help. it sounds like you need to replace Integration relay.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where exactly is this relay located, and how do I run a test to make sure this is the problem. I don't have a problem paying you, it's just that this is a high ticket item, and I want to be sure this is the problem.
it is located behind left side of dash, I will try to get you better picture, give me few minutes please.
here is the location. it is attached to fuse box. graphic
Here is another picture of it. you may find used one on e bay. graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What about doing a bench test?
If you are good at electronics, you can examine the circuit board. I do not have specific tests. When part fails, it is replaced as a unit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How does it disconnect from the fuse block?
it clips to fuse box. release clips and pull out
Pavlin Koev, CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN
Experience: 17 years hands on,Experience cars and trucks, gas and diesel