Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

94 Toyota Camry: it mean when my ac light is blinking in my car.

What does it mean when my AC light is blinking in my car. I have a 94 Toyota Camry.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 4 years ago.

ted ritter :

Hello, in most cases it means that the freon pressure is low, it may just need to have freon added. In 1994 most cars went to the R134 freon, earlier models used the now obsolete R-12. The first thing is to check under the hood, there should be a yellow label that says what type of freon it has, if it is the R-134 then other than taking it in to a a/c shop or dealer you can try to add freon yourself by getting an inexpensive recharge kit available at autoparts supplier or in the automotive department of Wal-mart, Target etc. Just follow the instructions that come with it and add freon to the system.
Other than that there is not too much you can do yourself and professional help is going to be needed. If you are not sure which system it has or need other information please let me know.

Customer: