Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

2004 Sequoia Limited: Trac Off and vsc Trac dash light mean..warning

Customer Question

What does thr Trac Off and VSC Trac dash light mean when light up and is this a serious warning? 2004 Sequoia Limited 98500 miles and no problems!

Bob R.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the reply.

In all honesty, there are several reasons why the lights could come on; a bad sensor, bad wiring, a corroded wiring connector, etc.

What you really need to do, before we proceed any further, would be to take the vehicle to a place that can 'scan' the vehicle. Autozones, and people such as that sometimes perform this scan for free. Anything I would suggest at this point would be pure speculation, or a guess. That would not be how we do business here, we provide customer tailored responses to each situation presented to us. There are a few 'common' reasons for the lamps to illuminate, but I am hesitant to offer you any guesses without the results of a scan. This will save you lots of money in the long run, as guessing can and will result in some expenditures that may not rectify the situation.

After you get the results of the scan, (the codes), please post them back to me here.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is the purpose of the Trac off and vsc trac for the car as I only haveXXXXX

You have traction control and vehicle skid control. Both models (2 and 4wd) have it

To answer your other question (sorry), this issue is not one that is detrimental to the operation of the vehicle, however, the Traction Control, or the Skid Control may not operate properly if needed.

Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience: 30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will the Trac Off & VSC Trac lights being on prevent getting a Texas inspection sticker on the Sequoia?

I am not familiar with the requirements of the state of Texas. Since the systems involved do not impair the basic safey of the vehicle, I would not think that the lights being on would cause the vehicle to be rejected.

In my state, the lights being illuminated would not cause the vehicle to be rejected.