Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

2006 Toyota 4Runner: due for its 90k mi

Hello! I have an 2006 Toyota 4Runner and it's due for it's 90k mi. service. I was quoted $675 from the dealer. I am a stay-at-home mom and no NOTHING about cars!!! (Unfortunately, my husband is no help in this department either!) Anyhow, we have a new baby on the way and really hate spending this amount of money right before the baby arrives, not to mention, we've discussed trading it in as well. Just wondering what services I should accept/decline or should I just bite the bullet and get the full 90k service??? Thanks.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 years ago.

Toyota Service :

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you bu discussing your request in detail. Thanks

Toyota Service :

hi

Customer:

Toyota Service :

v6 or v8?

Customer:

v6, sr5

Customer:

2wd

Toyota Service :

That is a lot of money

Toyota Service :

What are they suggesting?

Customer:

Not sure...didn't let him get that far.

Customer:

basically, i was just wondering if i should do something more than a basic service?

Toyota Service :

Oil and filter change

Toyota Service :

air and cabin air filters

Toyota Service :

Spark plugs

Toyota Service :

coolant (maybe, if it is dirty)

Toyota Service :

You do not need a timing belt, because you do not have one

Toyota Service :

You do not need trans fluid, because it is lifetime

Customer:

ok, the timing belt was what I was concerned about

Toyota Service :

V6 is a chain; v8 is a belt

Customer:

power steering fluid exchange? or is that included in a basic service?

Toyota Service :

Don't fool with the P/S fluid if it is clean and clear.

Toyota Service :

Change it if it is dark coloured and smells burnt, which I would highly doubt it is

Toyota Service :

At my Toyot service dept, this job would run you about 300 dollars

Toyota Service :

Perhpas your adviser thinks you have a V8

Customer:

Nope, I told him it was a v6. Didn't specify that it was 2wd. Thank you for you help!

Toyota Service :

Do you have any other questions for me whilst we are online?

Customer:

Not that I can think of! Thank you!!!

Toyota Service :

Thanks for choosing Just Answer for assistance today.

I trust my input has been very beneficial to you in addressing your concern.

If so, please choose to accept my assistance by clicking on the Accept button on your screen.

Positive feedback, and/or a bonus would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, and have a Great Day!

Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience: 30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner