Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified
9414525

2007 Toyota Tacoma Airbag light is on and has code B1801

Customer Question

2007 Toyota Tacoma
Airbag light is on and has code B1801 Open in D Squib Circuit
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using just answer! Good news here, toyota is in process of launching a new recall on this truck for the issue. Time to go to the dealer for a free repair.
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience: ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Truck has PO500 vechicle speed sensor malfuction \

The truck also continues to blow a 10A fuse under the dash marked IG1, the air condition and 4X4 seem to share this circuit, because both become inactive when fuse is blown. Why is this happening?

Expert:  Toyotapro replied 2 years ago.
Ok so multiple issues. Does this truck have anything aftermarket wired to it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, the the costumer uses it has a farm truck.

Expert:  Toyotapro replied 2 years ago.
Have you closely inspected the undercarriage for any wiring damages around the transfer case and front differential?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
where is the sensor located that would set the p0500 code?
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 2 years ago.
There's no such thing, the speed input comes from several sources.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
where are the several sources located that we may inspect these locations?
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 2 years ago.
The truck uses each of the 4 wheel speed sensors and the wiring that runs from them, be sure to check the front hubs for freeplay that can damage the rotor sensor inputs. These sensors input to the computer under the dash and then sends signal to the instrument cluster. If an interruption occurs at any point it will set this code.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

this code doesn't pertain to a specific sensor? just speed sensors in general?

Expert:  Toyotapro replied 2 years ago.
Yep, it's rare for any p code to directly point to one thing on a toyota, you need a scan tool that can read abs data
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we have a snapon verus. what should we look for.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 2 years ago.
The speed input from each of the 4 wheel speed sensors first