Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified

2008 Toyota Sienna: van with a multi-disc CD player..push

I have a 2008 Toyota Sienna van with a multi-disc CD player. The player does not accept CDs when you push the Load button ... or it accepts the CD but then doesn't play it (or eject it) and displays an Error 3 message. Any thoughts? I have read that disconnecting a battery cable for a few minutes might help, but I also heard that some cars have some interconnected security feature between the battery and stereo which might get screwed up if I do this.  What would you suggest that I do?  I have heard that there might be an "exchange program" if the device needs to be replaced.  What are the details on that?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using just answer! This van doesn't have a security lock out. Disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and tell me if it still acts up and I will advise you from there. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK ........... thanks. The van is not here right now .............. I'll try disconnecting the battery cable tomorrow and then let you know one way or the other. Thanks for your prompt response. Steve
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 4 years ago.
Youre welcome, steve. Just log back in and reply whenever and I will reply back to you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Disconnecting the battery for 10 min or so appears to have fixed the problem. Do you have any experience as to whether this kind of "rebooting" will last for any length of time ...,.. or am I doomed to have to do it frequently in the future?? I'm not sure what caused the problem in the first place, and I'm hoping that it won't be a frequent problem in the future (although fixing it like this sure beats having to replace the radio ... the local Toyota dealer told me today that an "exchange" would cost $395!). Thanks for your thoughts .................... Steve

Expert:  Toyotapro replied 4 years ago.
Thanks flr the update steve. This sometimes just happens for no reason and doesn't seem to repeat. I would advise you t not use any cd's with stick on labels or the thicker home made cd's because they tend to jam and break the cd changer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks .......... I'll take that suggestion about the homemade CDs.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 4 years ago.
You're welcome. Clicking accept closes this out and transfers your deposit into my payment. Have a good evening.