Canadafix
Canadafix, Canadian Class "A" licenced
Experience:  Shop owner. Worked on Toyota vehicles for over 20 years.
25077074

Toyota Scion xa: My 2006 scion xa check engine light has been

Customer Question

My 2006 scion xa check engine light has been on for the last 2 week. I maintain my car through the dealership. It has approximatly 65,000 miles. I am the original owner. I drive about 120 a week. I am very afraid of going to the dealership and having an expensive problem. What do you think I can expect?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Canadafix replied 4 years ago.

Canadafix :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Bernie and I will assist you with your question on the check engine light.

Canadafix :

I understand your concern on the cost of the repair.

Canadafix :

But until I know the cause of the problem on why the light is on, I will not know what the cost will be. It could be a real simple problem such as a loose fuel cap to a more complicated one.

Canadafix :

If there are no driveability concerns such as chugging or hestiating it will not likely be too serious.

Canadafix :

There are a couple hundred possibilities on why the light comes on.

Canadafix :

If the check engine light flashes, this indicates a misfire. This is something that should be adressed in a timely manner.

Canadafix :

The computer will store the code and will be scanned to determine what it is. Then the mechanic will proceed to diagnose and repair the cause.

Canadafix :

If you visit a parts supplier such as Autozone, they will scan your Toyota for free.

Canadafix :

Once the code is known, then we at Just Answer would be able to advise you on the cause and the possible costs.

Canadafix :

You may be having difficulty responding in this format. I will switch to Q&A so you can respond to me there with any questions you may have.

Canadafix :

Thank you kindly,

Canadafix :

Bernie

JACUSTOMER-n32mb5wz- :

Well, I think that I have made a mistake in this. I would like to withdraw my 18.00 pmt. I'm just so nervous about my car, but I think I better go to the dealer. I apologize for wasting time.

Expert:  Canadafix replied 4 years ago.

I do not think you have made an error.
It's good that you have concerns about your car, they are well worth maintaining well.
I hope that the repair goes well and is not too expensive.

Thank you,
Bernie
Expert:  Canadafix replied 4 years ago.
You can contact customer service if you wish to get your funding returned or you can leave it for any possible future questions.