Canadafix
Canadafix, Canadian Class "A" licenced
Experience:  Shop owner. Worked on Toyota vehicles for over 20 years.

Toyota Scion xa: My 2006 scion xa check engine light has been

Customer Question

My 2006 scion xa check engine light has been on for the last 2 week. I maintain my car through the dealership. It has approximatly 65,000 miles. I am the original owner. I drive about 120 a week. I am very afraid of going to the dealership and having an expensive problem. What do you think I can expect?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Canadafix replied 2 years ago.

Canadafix :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXXX XXX I will assist you with your question on the check engine light.

Canadafix :

I understand your concern on the cost of the repair.

Canadafix :

But until I know the cause of the problem on why the light is on, I will not know what the cost will be. It could be a real simple problem such as a loose fuel cap to a more complicated one.

Canadafix :

If there are no driveability concerns such as chugging or hestiating it will not likely be too serious.

Canadafix :

There are a couple hundred possibilities on why the light comes on.

Canadafix :

If the check engine light flashes, this indicates a misfire. This is something that should be adressed in a timely manner.

Canadafix :

The computer will store the code and will be scanned to determine what it is. Then the mechanic will proceed to diagnose and repair the cause.

Canadafix :

If you visit a parts supplier such as Autozone, they will scan your Toyota for free.

Canadafix :

Once the code is known, then we at Just Answer would be able to advise you on the cause and the possible costs.

Canadafix :

You may be having difficulty responding in this format. I will switch to Q&A so you can respond to me there with any questions you may have.

Canadafix :

Thank you kindly,

Canadafix :

Bernie

Customer :

Well, I think that I have made a mistake in this. I would like to withdraw my 18.00 pmt. I'm just so nervous about my car, but I think I better go to the dealer. I apologize for wasting time.

Expert:  Canadafix replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Canadafix replied 2 years ago.

I do not think you have made an error.
It's good that you have concerns about your car, they are well worth maintaining well.
I hope that the repair goes well and is not too expensive.

Thank you,
Bernie
Expert:  Canadafix replied 2 years ago.
You can contact customer service if you wish to get your funding returned or you can leave it for any possible future questions.