Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

toyota Camry LE: looking for obd1 scanner for 1995 toyota

looking for obd1 scanner for 1995 toyota camry
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions!

Are you looking for a particular brand or price for a code reader or are you looking for a full-blown scan tool?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

need to buy an obd1 scanner to diagnose problems with my 1995 toyota camry

This particular year and engine configuration with the V-6 uses a DLC three connector this is actually also referred to as OBD two not OBD one. The link connector is located behind the coin box on the driver side instrument panel. There are many scan tools on the market. Your best bet is to do a Google search and read the reviews. CReader by Launch makes a nice arrangement of different levels of scan tools or just simple code readers. If you have a particular problem you're trying to resolve if you can get to a nearby auto-parts store like AutoZone they do free engine code reads. If you can get me the engine code number I can perhaps save you some money and give you some further insight.