Rmldaytona
Rmldaytona, Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified. 13 years Automotive Experience.
2499916

Toyota Solara: fuse box..fuses under the hood..small compartment

Trying to find the fuse box on the inside of a Toyota Solara 2000, we have a draw on the battery and have checked the fuses under the hood but can't find the box in the inside of the car. We have read it is by a drivers left knee but it looks like we have to take the dash apart to reach it. There is a small compartment that folds out looks almost like an ashtray by the drivers knee but it doesn't have a tongue like thing to pull it out with. How much dismantling is involved to access this fuse box ?

Rmldaytona :

Hello. Thank you for using Just Answer. I'm Robert and will give my best effort in answering your question. The fuse box is located on the left under the steering wheel, behind the small storage compartment, for lack of a better term, that pops in and out, the diagram is on the back of the box, you'll see it once you pop the little thing out of place. The storage compartment is circled in red in the following image.

Full Size Image

Rmldaytona :

The storage compartment is circled in red in the following image.

Full Size Image

Rmldaytona :

Experts do not have funds added to their accounts until the answer has been accepted by the customer. If you have found my answer helpful I ask that you ACCEPT so I may be compensated. If you need further assistance, I encourage you to ask and I will make every effort to assist you until you are satisfied. I make every effort to ensure high quality and accuracy of my answers