Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

Toyota UZJ100R: 100series petrol trouble code- B2799 immob

100series petrol trouble code- B2799 immob fualt. What is the code referring to?

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions!

The only way you can get this code set in the computer is if the ECM does not see communication from the immobilizer transponder key ECU. Did you get the coil/transponder mechanism around the ignition lock cylinder in place correctly and plugged in? Next you need to make sure that the transponder ECU box is plugged in securely. Unless the wires got damaged between the transponder ECU and the engine control ECM there may be a fault in the transponder ECU. Here in the USA was a technical service bulletin dealing with a problem from 2007 two 2008 in this unit. Do you have the complete vehicle identification number available? I'm trying to locate something that would be similar to the model that we used here in the USA.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks for the prompt return. As far as I can tell the key /transponder is all plugged in and in it's correct position. VIN= JTEHT09J905506270.
This is basically the same system that is used here in the 2004 Land Cruiser. The transponder ECU is located behind instrument panel above the engine control computer. Did you located and verify that the connections and wires are good? Typically whenever the transponder key amplifier which is the coil mechanism that goes around the ignition lock cylinder and collar is damaged or disconnected it will set a different code. When you insert the key into the ignition lock cylinder does the security light go out? This is the little red light with the picture of the key in the car.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I know the symbol you are talking about, but I can't find it. I can make out the symbols on the instrument cluster and it doesn't apperar to be there. The only one I can make out on the centre console facia is 'air bag'. If it is there and I can't make it out, it is obviously not illuminating. Have the dash 1/2 back out and still have found nothing. Have checked wires from barrel security they are OK. Unit is plugged in have unplugged and replugged. Is there a way to check the transponder ECU, i.e power in -out etc.? Obviously if the light is not illuminating you would think a power problem. (maybe earth?) will check earth shortly. Can you identify the pins on ECM which the ECU for security feed? Is it Bypassable?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It seems I've been barking up the wrong tree. The unit I thought was security upon removal proved to be ABS. Now I'm wondering where the security unit is! You said above the ECM have not yet identified it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I know you are USA and things will be different there. In the Aussie version (RHD) the control units above / behind the steering column are Hazards/ indicators (flashers) and ABS. On the LHS behind the glove box is engine control module- above that is passenger side air bag. To the left is central locking control( which works) and transmission relay ( on a manual I don't know why). Cannot identify security cotrol unit! Can you possibly point me in the right direction? p.s. there are no blown fuses, I have contacted the owner who tells me the security light is in the centre console display.

Sorry for the delay the time difference is a real pain. I just got online and I will see if I can find a picture of the transponder ECU. Click the links below and save. Let me know if this helps. Keep in mind this is all for left hand drive but it should be the same on the right side just flip flop the location LINK1 LINK2 LINK3

There has to be an issue in the connetor between the two or the transponder ECU is bad.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
excellent ! will see what I can find. Location must be different though. Once again, thnks.
You are welcome.