Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

How to program a 2007 Toyota Camry remote key?

Customer Question

how do I program a remote key on a 2007 toyota camry
Category: Toyota
Expert:  AMD replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

After purchasing the key and cutting it, you need to follow these instructions.

1- sit in the driver's seat press the gas and brake pedal together and let them go.

2-insert a programmed key into the ignition without turning it, push and release the gas pedal 5 times within 15 seconds.

3-push and release the brake pedal 6 times within 20 seconds of step 2

4-remove the programmed key and insert the key to be programmed

5-wait at least 2 minutes until the security light goes off, after it goes off press the brake pedal once and your key is programmed test it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'd tried that already and didn't work . It does not work whith the remote key that it has four buttons (lock,unlock,trunk and panic). I know that secuence works with the key that doesn't have buttons.

Expert:  AMD replied 4 years ago.

I'm sorry but that's the only way I know to program transponder keys with Toyotas. It takes me as a dealership technician 5 minutes to program it with our scan tool. The dealership should charge about half an hour of labor to program the key, In my dealership that would be 55 dollars.

I will opt out, but I do still suggest that your best option is the dealership. I hope i'm wrong.

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 4 years ago.

What exactly are you trying to program, the immobilizer portion of the key or the actual buttons on the key itself for the wireless door lock controls? If you insert the key into the ignition lock cylinder will the car start and run? Where did you purchase the key from?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well I run over my key that it had the controls, so I recovered the chip then I bougth an uncut shell for it in a place thuoght internet I cut it and I put the chip in to it. All the controls work, but when I'm trying to start the car the switch opens and everithing but it doesn't the engine.
I am still little unclear on the last part you're saying that if you insert the key into the ignition cylinder it will crank the engine over but the engine will not start but all of the wireless portions of the key work correctly?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Correct everything work but it does not start

This is what I suspected. First of all this immobilizer cannot be programmed without a Toyota scan tool. They did away with the old gas pedal procedure. The second problem you're going to run into is that the part that you pulled out of your broken key is strictly the remote functions, this has nothing to do with the immobilizer system. That is embedded into the head of the key. There is a real good possibility that this key is not even going to work with a Toyota scan tool. It likely is not in immobilizer chip style key. Every time I find someone that tries to use one of these generic keys from the Internet they never work. You're going to have to replace this with a factory immobilizer equipped complete key.
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Toyota Master Diagnostic