Mastertech 1
Mastertech 1, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician with over 30 years of experience, including Toyota and Toyota Hybrid.

1993 Corolla: stalls (no hesitation..wont start..Mechanic says

My 1993 Corolla runs until warm and then stalls (no hesitation, the engine just stops). Was able to restart it after a few minutes a couple of times, but now just won't start. Mechanic says I need a new distributor and igniter? I thought the igniter was in the distributor - if so, won't a new distributor have a new igniter already in it??

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING JUST ANSWER, AND FOR ALLOWING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR AUTOMOTIVE CONCERNS.Most rebuilt distributers dont come with igniter's, You then have to purchase them separately. Autozones rebuilt distributers come with the igniters, the distributer runs about $250.00. The igniter is the most common problem in these years, Very prone to causing the engine to die, (just like someone turned the key off!) Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX me know if I can be of any other assistance to you with this issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Want to ask you another question about another car. How do I do this?