Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics

toyota camry: how to replace P0450 evaporative emission system

how to replace P0450 evaporative emission system pressure sensor/switch

Welcome to! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

The P0450 is a fair;ly straight forward code pointing to a fault in the Vapor Pressure Sensor (it's part of the EVAP/Emissions System). It's located under the hood, at the rear of the engine compartment. Carefully inspect the vacuum lines for any cracks, holes or loose/missing connections. Inspect the electrical connector for any loose or broken wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, replace the sensor.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello again, what tools will I need to change the P0450 pressure sensor switch. thanks

None. The sensor "clips" onto the bracket (as shown in image above). Unplug the electrical connector, disconnect the vacuum line (after making sure there are no holes or cracks) and then unclip the sensor from the bracket.