Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

what does bank 1 system too lean mean and how do you fix this?This is for 1996 toyota taco

what does bank 1 system too lean mean and how do you fix this?This is for 1996 toyota tacoma 2.4 liter truck. My autoscanner actron obd 2 scan tool says this is a 10$ fix.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

4 cylinder or V6 engine? Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
2.4 liter 4 cylinder with 190,000 miles
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
This usually means you have a failed mass airflow sensor..First make sure you have no vacuum leaks such as hoses, intake gasket, throttle body gasket, ect...If good next thing to do is run some injector cleaner and verify fuel pressure is good..You can try to clean mass airflow sensor with cleaner from parts store if that doesnt help replace. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
where is the mass airflow sensor and how do I replace it?
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

Here are replacement instructions with pictures, make sure to try and clean first. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

http://db.tt/sqOzJAK

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If this is not the problem is there any other direction I can go be for taking the truck to a repair shop?
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Problem is pretty much fuel pressure, clogged injector, vacuum leak, mass airflow sensor, or oxygen sensor...usually mass airflow sensor..If that doesnt work you will need to move to other possible options. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.