Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2005 Toyota sequoia: secondary air injection..covered under warranty

I have a quote for $2700 to get my 2005 Toyota Sequoia's code P2441 fixed. It is the secondary air injection system switching valve stuck closed bank 1. Is this covered under warranty? If not, does $2700 seem excessive?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. I do not believe it is covered under warranty as its not part of the powertrain and I do believe price is excessive....I'm showing bank 1 valve costing about $250 and taking a hour to install...It sounds like they want to replace all valves insteady of test and replace as needed. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Exactly how many valves are there? The dealership told me parts would be $2200 plus $500 labor. I'm not sure where else to take my car for future repairs when there is a computer code that is the issue. If they are already performing the work, what would you suggest I do at this point?
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
There are 3 valves...2 are about $250 and one is around $600...Labor to replace all would be about 4 hours...But only 1 should need to be replaced. I would ask for the part number of what they plan to replace..Then come back here with me and double check part number and/or google it to see what part is selling for online. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I want to get my parts #s and email you in the morning. Will you be available between 8am-noon tomorrow?
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Yep, I'll talk to you then. Have a good night.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok-work has been done but would still like your thoughts. Labor $545, part 25720-50011 & 50020 valve assy $244 each, 17610-00010 air pump assy $1153, 25850-46010 valve assy vacuum $82 each x 2. Let me know your opinion re: price we are paying at dealership. Thanks.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Price is fair but I personally doubt all parts have failed...I"d ask them if every part was tested and keep old parts. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.