Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Toyota Camry LE: SRS light is on and the Air-Bag off light

Customer Question

SRS light is on and the Air-Bag off light stays on in my Toyota Camry
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 years ago.

Customer:

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. HAs the car been scanned for Air Bag codes?

Customer :

No

Customer :

Took it to Toyota Dealer and they wanted $90.00 just to look at it

Customer:

Without the results from a scan, anything I recommend will be nothing more than a guess. Is there an Autozone nearby? They scan cars for free

Customer:

90 dollars is a lot to check it.

Customer:

Let me ask you one thing....has the car been involved in any collision?

Customer :

Yep that is what I said

Customer :

My wife ran over a dead deer on the highway and the front lower bumper had to be replaced

Customer :

She works nights and didn't see the dear

Customer:

There is the possibility of the driver side crash sensor has been triggered.

Customer :

Ok I've heard to disconnect the battery for 15 mintues and re-connect and it may reset SRS system

Customer:

It will not reset if the sensor is compromised

Customer:

sensor part number: 89173-09330 about $75.00

Customer :

Sounds to me like I'm stuck taking it to the dealer

Customer:

Autozone?

Customer:

Pep Boys?

Customer:

Both do courtesy scans

Customer :

Ok I'll take it to Autozone

Customer:

Yes. Please do. Get the code and get back to me

Customer:

Post the code back when you get it, the system will alert me of your posting

Customer :

ok thanks for your help

Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience: 30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I took my car to Autozone and the staff there stated they don't scan cars for Airbag codes. So basically you took $18.00 from m for nothing. I'm taking my car to Dealer on Wednesday.

I am sorry that AutoZone did not scan your codes for you. The Autozones in my immediate area provide scans at no cost.

Just Answer is committed to customer satisfaction. You can request a refund of your 18 dollars, which the Site will cheerfully provide.

We are not here to 'take your money'. We are here to provide you a custom-tailored and professional answer to your questions. If I had the codes, I would be better able to assist you. Some websites, where you pay for an answer, will suggest to you to "replace part XYZ", or "remove the battery cables to reset it". You do not get guesses like those examples here. Nor would we ever suggest that you spend X amount of dollars on a part or parts that do not rectify your situation.

At Just Answer, you get the best possible response from real professionals.

Thanks anyway for choosing Just Answer for assistance. Perhaps you will return in the future.

Please respond what the codes are from the dealership. I will be happy to provide you background on what part or parts are needed that pertain to the code being shown.