Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics
18617752

2006 Toyota Tundra: V8..timing chain or timing belt..........Thanks

Hello, I have a 2006 Toyota Tundra 4.7 V8 4WD and I need to know if it has a timing chain or timing belt..........Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

This vehicle DOES have a Timing Belt, and according to the Toyota Normal Service schedule, it should be replaced at intervals of every 90,000 miles. Most shops will recommend you also replace the water pump at this time, as a preventative measure. The timing belt runs the water pump, so if the water pump is to go faulty after the belt replacment, you will need to pay for the labor (3.8 hours) to do the timing belt job all over again.
graphic
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 years ago.

graphic