Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified
9414525

2001 Toyota sienna: bulb..my door locks/dome light problem..relay

2001 Toyota Sienna CE. Took apart my main fuse panel and instrument panel for two reasons - one was just to replace a bulb for the instrument panel, the other was to chase down my door locks/dome light problem which I believe to be the computer multiplex body (integration relay on other models). When I put everything back together (with same multiplex body, not a new one because they're $530!), my turn signals don't work, and my clock didn't come back on. Checked the flasher relay for sound connection, no problem. But no light and no clicks when trying to operate the signal arm. Signal arm light adjustment switches work fine (and I never touched the steering column anyway). I'm thinking it may be loosened wire to the back of the flasher relay harness? I test anything if anyone has ohm testing info for the relay or relay harness, or anything else that might be the problem.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using just answer! You said no turn signals, but do the hazard lights work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, no hazards. No clicking, nothing.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 2 years ago.
ok, did you have the fuse panel out and apart or were you just looking at it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had enough things unplugged from and lowered just enough to access the multiplex network body. I made the same disconnections (and then reconnections) in order to access the flasher relay (after I realized the signals don't work). Currently, the fuse panel is unbolted but with all connections intact.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 2 years ago.
Assuming that these 2 items you listed to me are the ONLY thing now not working I am looking at the wiring diagrams! If you test for power to both of these power shoul be there but not a ground. These 2 systems share the J2 junction connector for ground.....this connector is above the fuse block just behind the far driver side lower corner of the instrument panel. I show 4 connctors in this ground pack.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just to clarify, when you say 2 items or 2 systems, are you referring to the turn signals and the clock? And you're saying that the problem is most likely the ground pack (whether it's disconnected or faulty)?
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 2 years ago.
Yes the clock and the turn/flash circuits are the 2 sytems you outlined, I just studied these 2 circuits in detail and with no other systems being inoperative the j2 connector (ground) is the one that would link these both.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Fantastic, thank you. I'll try to locate/inspect that connector. As I said, there other things electronically not working (power door locks/dome lights, etc.) but those haven't worked for weeks (and I think it's the multiplex network), the clock and the turn signals are the only things not working since I had everything apart yesterday.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 2 years ago.
Sounds good
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience: ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified