Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

1. Power back door: normally, I open/close it..Manual says

Customer Question

1. Power back door: normally, I open/close it manaually, one day, I pressed the botton in the car, it beeped twice, did not open. Manual says the door needs to be opened/closed by hand first. Didnt work. I had to press the remote control then it worked. Is this normal?

2. I always put the light on "auto", during the day, the lights will go on when the parking brake is off. But at night, once the engine starts, the full lights go on even if parking brake is on, is this normal? Very annoying.

3. "Recirculation button" (this is the question confused salesperson left and right): I know when it is set on "auto", Venza controls entire system. But
a. when the "auto" is off, it still goes off by itself, does it have something to do with the outside temp?
b. when entire AC/FAN is off, sometimes (it does not happen everytime), the Recirculation button is off when I start the engine. (I left it on before I shut it)
c. Recirculation button goes off when I am driving
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 years ago.

Toyota Service :

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you

Toyota Service :

I see that you are offline. I will check back in shortly to discuss your three questions.

Customer:

thank you

Toyota Service :

Hello.

Toyota Service :

Is the vehicle close by at the moment?

Customer:

hi, how are you doing? yes and no, I am in the office. lol thanks

Toyota Service :

I am fine, thank you.

Toyota Service :

question 1: Try to press and Hold the power rear door switch.

Toyota Service :

Question 2: This is normal

Toyota Service :

There is a sensor on the top of the dash that tells the system it is daytime or nighttime

Toyota Service :

question 3.

Toyota Service :

Ah. Salepeople.

Customer:

Q1: the button inside the car or the button on the door?

Toyota Service :

they can sell em, but they cant tell you about em

Customer:

Q2:so there is no way around this?

Toyota Service :

q1 button on the fob

Toyota Service :

q2. Sorry. no

Customer:

q1: what is fob? (sorry)

Customer:

q2:ok

Toyota Service :

Q3. THe recirculate feature moves on and off whilst the auto air is running it will admit fresh (colder or hotter) air to modify the temperature. It will shut off if you have the car in defrost mode.

Toyota Service :

You only use Recirc with the AC on

Toyota Service :

fob is the remote transmitter

Toyota Service :

Recirc and defrost, when cold out, will steam up all of the windows on the inside surfaces

Customer:

q2:so it could happen again, if it does, i just press it on fob, then it will work? thx

Customer:

q3:the problem is that even when the AC/FAN is off, it seems like RB(recir button) has its own mind

Customer:

shoud be q1:so it could happen again, if it does, i just press it on fob, then it will work? thx

Toyota Service :

Press and hold. All Toyota products power rear doors are press and hold. Keeps them form opening if you bump the button

Customer:

q1:that I know. I guess my question is it did not work when I tried to open the back door inside the car by pressing the botton on dashboard, it beeped twice. nothing happened. I had to use fob to open, then the dashboard button works again, is this normal? thx

Toyota Service :

As long as the auto air is active, the system is monitors the set (desired) temperature. The system does allow air to enter the car, with the fan off. this air is exhausted out of the rear of the car, in other words, new air is being routed thru the car whilst it is moving, prevents the air form being stagnant.3

Toyota Service :

Q1. Sometimes they can be a bit finnicky

Customer:

Q1,Q2: okay

Toyota Service :

THe rear door sticks to the rear door weather strip, that causes a balkiness in the opening, probably what you have going on

Customer:

Q3:is there a way to have Toyota to set it to manual? if it is, what should I tell them when I get there? (they didnt seem to know what I was talking about..)

Toyota Service :

Auto off.

Toyota Service :

Adj the mep manually.

Toyota Service :

temp not mep

Customer:

what is "mep"

Customer:

ok

Customer:

thank you very much

Toyota Service :

sorry. Arthritis in right wrist... :-(

Customer:

lol

Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience: 30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

Hello again. Sorry to bother you, but I would like to provide you some additional information I neglected to post during our interaction on the power rear door issue.

Note that there is (albeit a bit 'hidden') a master over-ride switch for the power rear door on the instrument panel. This is a black switch, that is located on the left of the instrument panel, but lower down on the panel. This switch is not the release switch for the power rear door, it is a seperate switch to the left, and lower than the others on the left side of the instrument panel.

If the switch is depressed, the entire rear door system is deactivated, and, when you attempt to open it with the switch on the dash, or the remote, the system will beep twice.

I hope this additional information will prove beneficial to you.

Thanks for accepting my previous input, and an extra thanks for the Bonus.

I appreciate that gesture greatly.

Have a great day.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks for following up on the question. The master over ride button I was aware of. Let's assume we are not touching this mater button, It looks like the open button inside the car does not always works. I had to use remote button to open the truck, then the button inside the car will work....string..thanks
You are welcome. I was concerned that I did not cover all the bases. Have a great day. If you ever need my assistance in the future, please feel free to call upon me.