Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

Where to install a prodigy brake controller on a 2011 tundra

where to install a prodigy brake controller on a 2011 tundra
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions!

Are you referring to the one Toyota put in the glove box?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, i just purchased a prodigy brake controller and my tundra did not come with one in the glove box. is that an option?
Should have it if had the towing package installed. Do you have the VIN available?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do not. Will take 10 minutes to retrieve from parking lot. is that ok?
No just it is busy in the shop right now and it is going to take some time to research this once you get the number.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
vin# XXXXX
This may take some time. Is this evening ok?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay just to be clear I am going to check your options on the Toyota towing info and availability. I have no info on the aftermarket install kit and if that is the only thing you can install let me know and I will opt out and open the question to others.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not sure of your question. The local dealer said they did not install controllers. I am curious if I should have had one included with the towing package. That said I am attempting to install an after market Prodigy 2 brake controller.
according to the VIN this came with a towing package and should have had the prewired pigtail with instructions in the glove box. The controller is then wired to this pigtail that plugs into the truck. I will see if I can find a part number or the instructions in a truck. They are not printed anywhere else.

The truck should have had this pigtail. Click the link to enlarge. Your selling dealer should have it or can order it. Normally it is in the glove box. Part number is