Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

Toyota Camry LE: the flip top holder, behind the cup holders

the flip top holder, behind the cup holders has a sucker stuck in it. How do I remove it to get it out?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions!

Are you referring to the box with the flip open lid in the center console below the radio and in front of the shifter?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, the one behind the shifter and in front of the arm rest. Also, I dont want to subscribe to anything. Just this one question. Can you make sure I am not constantly billed every month. Thanks
Please standby I need to check a few things. As far as being billed monthly I have no control over that you need to contact the moderators or send an e-mail to just answer and let them know what the terms and conditions you want will be. I can only address this technical stuff as far as getting the vehicle repaired.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Do you know what holder I am speaking of? it lifts up and down.

Yes I do. There are no bolts that hold this upper assembly in place. In order to get it off though you need to start removing a few plastic panels. The first two are the vertical pieces to the left and to the right of the center consul box. Simply grab a hold wiggle and pull straight back they will detach cleanly. This will allow you to pop the plastic bezel up around the shift mechanism. There are about six pop clips. Use a small screwdriver with protective tape over it and simply pop the plastic panel off away from the top of the shifter housing. This then will allow you to pop the plastic panel assembly that holds the cup holder and the flip over lid. Click the link below for some more information on that cup holder.

LINK

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I got disconnectes online. What else do I need to do?
Did you get the information in the link above? Do you understand how to get this removed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know how to take the vertical things off, after that, I'm not sure where to go. Also, can you give me a phone number so I can make sure this is a one Tim Bill. Thank u
They do not have a phone number available unless you can find one on the website.. My only advice is that you would contact the moderator or send an e-mail to just answers directly regarding your account. Unfortunately I have no call over that or any information on that. I strictly get e-mail notifications that you need assistance and I provide that here on this post. I can send a note to the moderator on this question but do not know if that's how they will handle it. Once you pop the two vertical things off you have to take a screwdriver and get between the top plastic cover plate and the top of the center console where the seam in the plastic piece is and carefully pry it loose working your way around to pop the clips loose.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In front of the gear shifter? And once those are loose the back lid compartment should pop off as well? I can't start till tomorrow seeing it is dark right now. And, what is the web site I can.get a hold of the billing dept?
That is correct all of the panel pieces including the one that comes off that is around the shifter console/mechanism simply just popped straight up. Then the rear assembly as seen in the image on the link will come straight up likewise by working your way around the seam and popping it up. There may be something on the homesite www.justanswer.com Try seeing if there's anything under the contact page or try sending an e-mail to info@justanswer.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also do not have the handbrake. My e brake is on the floor
That will not matter if the same set up. There is just one less hole that has to come up over the brake handle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If i have any other questions on this issue is there anyway I can contact you directly?
The website does not allow personal contact. You can continue to post to this correspondence and I will get back to you if you need further assistance on this matter.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, so when I take the cover off, it.doesn't have anything to do with the little square with.the horizontal slit in it does it? Or just the crease where the front console meets with the gear shift cover?
I am not sure what you mean by little square with the horizontal slit. There will be a line across from the gear shift cover and the rear console lid piece. That is where the gear shift cover piece pops up. Then you will see the rear cover in the image you downloaded. They are not held in that tight it's just a matter of popping them out evenly and working your way around to remove them. A lot of times you can just reach down in the cup holder and make a fist or grab a hold of the edge and just pop it straight up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I pulled the cup holders and that did the trick. However I needed a Philips head screwdriver to take off the bottom to get everything out. Thx
Glad you got it resolved. Kids are always great for a new adventure. That is unless it was your lollipop. Have a Merry Christmas.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They sure are, however the wrapper broke and half the sucker is missing. I will be disassembling it in the light to gather its remains. Also, do u know a good trick to fix a cigarette burn hole on a cloth seat?
Unfortunately I do not know any tricks to fixing the cigarette burns. My recommendation would be to contact someone in your area that does interior repair work like dashboard work and so on. You could probably get it fixed and a reasonable cost.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your help
You are welcome. I hope you get your monthly subscription issue resolved. In the event that you need additional assistance in the future or have any other questions regarding your Toyota or Lexus feel free to ask for me Skyvisions, in the question and I will get back to you.
PS. I forgot to mention that you need to click on the accept button so that I can get compensated for my time.
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Toyota Master Diagnostic