Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics
18617752

Toyota Sienna LE: What is a normal cost for replacing the oxygen

What is a normal cost for replacing the oxygen sensors in 2001 Toyota Sienna LE van?

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

Do you happen to know which one? There are 4 on this vehicle...

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not sure. The mechanic told me he needs to replace "both" of them or two of them. I could be wrong if he said 2 or both.

ok.

Let me give you a general break-down:

There are 4 oxygen sensors on this vehicle, 2 "Upstream" (aka A/F Sensors)(before the converter) and 2 "downstream" (behind the converter). The Upstrem sensors sell for around $214 each and the Downstreams sell for around $149 each. The labor time guide calls for .6hr to replace either one of the Upstreams and 1hr to replace one of the Downstreams and .6 to replace the other (either way you look at it, expect to pay a full hour for labor!). Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the botXXXXX XXXXXne.

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the detailed response. It is exactly matches with the rates the mechanic quoted. I feel a lot better now.

Glad I could help! Have a great day!