Amedee
Amedee, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

99 camry alarm will not reset .

99 camry alarm will not reset .
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.
Hello!

Is the alarm going off or is it not letting you start the vehicle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the alarm is not currently going off but was . the car will not turn over
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.
So the starter will not even turn the engine over? Nothing happens when you turn the key to the "crank" position?

Are there any anti theft or security lights on or flashing on the dash?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the alarm was going off but has stopped but ignition is inactive . the security light is flashing 3 times and then a pause
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.
Ok.. let me get you information on this issue..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
th alarm didn't start until the door was unlocked and opened . and several attemps were made to reset the alarm to no avail.
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.
Ok.. try this.

Use the ignition key and lock and unlock each of the front doors.
If that does not work, try using another ignition key.
You could have a bad key, transponder, amplifier or even a bad ECM or wiring issue.

If these do not work, we will need to pull codes in the computer.
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.
You can pull codes from the computer manually by jumping E1 and TE1 on the diagnostic connector.

Click here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that set off the alarm but the car still wont start the other key is at the house with me and the car is with my daughter 300 miles away .
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.
Is the theft light still flashing with the key on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
it was still flashing 3 times then a pause
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.
If you can wait for your daughter to get home, you can try using the ignition key that she has. If not, you can get a lock smith you make you another key and see if that does the trick. If not, then there is a malfunction with the system and the codes will need to be pulled from the system.
Amedee, Toyota Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector