Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5: I do to turn off VSC light or fix it..stays

I have a 2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5. What can I do to turn off VSC light or fix it? Because it stays on.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using just answer! Is the check engine light on also or only the vsc light?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Only VSC trac lights are on
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 4 years ago.
Ok, a standard scanner won't pull codes for this, you need one that can communicate with the abs and vsc systems. Either way this is going to end up at a dealer, we see a lot of issues with failed yawrate deceleration sensors on these vehicles. The dealer would need to run a zero point calibration to see if it can be recalibrated or to see if the unit under the center console will need to be replaced and then calibrated. Sometims simple repairs like alignments can throw these sensors out of wack or sometimes they just go bad.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is there away to unplug system to turn off lights?
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 4 years ago.
No sir sorry. When the system detects a fault it shuts down to disable the could pull the instrument cluster and remove the bulbs if you wanted.