Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2001 toyota 4ruuner sr5 dtc C1340 block diff. circuit malfunction

Customer Question

Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions!

Can you give me any more details on the vehicle and exactly what's going on? How many miles are on the vehicle? HAs this vehicle been used for any off-road driving?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
2001 TOYOTA 4ruunerSR5 3.4 234147 MILES check engine ligth come on I Drive off the rood always and the code is C1340 DRIVE fine
This code indicates that there is a problem with the center differential lock mechanism and or circuit. Have you checked the connectors going to the transmission to make sure they are all connected and there is no corrosion? Does the center differential lock indicator light illuminate on the instrument panel? Do you have a voltmeter and a reasonable knowledge of how to use it?