Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Toyota 4Runner Limited Where is a vehicle speed sensor (Circuit

Where is a vehicle speed sensor (Circuit '2') located on a 1998 Toyota 4runner 2wd
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. At the speed sensor number two located at the tail shaft of the transmission, check the output voltage of the vehicle speed sensor. Raise the vehicle in the air and allow the wheels to spin at idle speed. The speed sensor should be producing approximately 5 volts or 10 volts peak to peak. Check the resistance of the vehicle speed sensor. The resistance should be approximately 500-600 ohms. Check the wire harness between the speed sensor number two and the computer.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Based on your answer it appears I'll need to use my mechanic to solve my
"check engine" light problem. I don't personally have the equipment to solve it as you described.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
You could just replace the sensor and that should take care of issue..Let me know if you have questions, thanks.