Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

Toyota RAV4 Limited Where is the instrument panel fuse box

Where is the instrument panel fuse box on a 2009 Rav 4 limited
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

graphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have a 2009 RAV4 - was hooking up the trailer in the rain and, I think I blew a fuse. I isolated the fuse to the tail lights and the manual says that this fuse is in the instrument panel fuse box of which, I can not find. I have located 3 boxes. To in the engine and one to the left of the driver.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 years ago.

I will opt-out and forward you to another Tech tha tmay better assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
expert did not know
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions!

Are you saying that you cannot locate the fuse box or you cannot locate the specific fuse in the fuse box under the instrument panel as indicated? The only thing that is inoperative at this point is the taillights?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can not find the instrument panel fuse box. I have located three fuse boxes in the vehicle. One on each side of the engine and one to the left of the drivers seat. The one to the left of the driver's seat does not look like the instrument panel fuse box as indicated in the owners manual. Tail, marker and flood lights are not working.

The 10 amp taillight fuse is located in the instrument panel fuse box as you've already figured out. The diagram above is accurate that he posted. There may be some confusion because there is a black plastic cover that snaps over the fuses themselves. If you're sitting in the driver seat your left foot will point directly up to and fuse box panel. The exact location of the fuse in the fuse box is indicated as you can see below.graphic

Let me know if this clears things up or if you need further information and if the fuse is blown.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will take a look. Be back in a few minutes. Thank you - if this works, I will be back to accept your answer.
Let me know how it goes or if you need further assistance I will be monitoring for a few hours you.
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Toyota Master Diagnostic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You were right!! Thanks so much....
You are welcome. If you need anything in the future just ask for me Skyvisions, in the question and I will get back to you.