Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

Toyota avalon intermittent wiper relay

intermittent wiper relay

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions!

This is a common problem. The wiper motor contact points are bad. The motor will have to be replaced. I have taken the cover of the motor and soldier the contact back on and this worked if you are handy with electrical things.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is replacing the motor simple enough? Are there some instructions available? Looks like new motors are readily available from $50-$200 on the web. Thanks for your help.
Most parts stores have on line diagrams. The wiper blades come off (remove the plastic caps then remove the 14mm nuts and then push down on the arm to pop the tapered fit loose on the pivot) and the plastic cowling lifts up and the motor and linkage will be fully visible to remove. It is not to difficult to do. If you want the Toyota manuals you can download them for $15 at www.techinfo.toyota.com You can not post them here for copyright reasons. Be careful what you buy online cheap is not always better.