Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

i need a wiring diagram for installing fog lights

Customer Question

I bought a Spyder Fog Light kit  (part # XXXXX) It came with no instructions and I need a wiring diagram for installing the after market fog lights on a 2011 camry hibrid.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 years ago.

Toyota Service :

Hello. Please allow me to assist you.

Toyota Service :

Please describe the wires that you need to have hooked up...how many are there?

Toyota Service :

On most aftermarket systems, you have the following: A main power wire, a ground, a signal wire, a relay, and a switch.

Toyota Service :

The wire that goes to the switch attachs to your Low Beam power wire.

Toyota Service :

The power wire goes from the battery to the relay.

Toyota Service :

The wire from the relay goes to the switch, and back to the relay.

Toyota Service :

The power to the foglights goes from the relay to the lights

Toyota Service :

To describe the system, it runs as follows: Turning the fog light switch on, with the headlamps on, sends the power "borrowed" from the Low beam wire, and activates the fog light relay. The battery power is always present in the relay, but is doing noting until the relay is activated, via the switch. Once the relay contacts close, the battery power is then sent thru the relay contacts to the foglights. The relay is used to keep the switch from arcing when the foglights are activated.

Toyota Service :

Constant Battery power to Pin 30 of the fog light relay

Tap into the Low beam wire, then into an inline fuse (for circuit protection), then into the fog light switch, and then attach the other side of the switch to the relay, Pin 86

From the relay, Pin 87, route to both foglights.

From the relay, Ground Pin 85

On the other side of the foglight wire, ground both remaining wires that are not attached to the relay via pin 87

Customer :

You took too long to answer. My brother and I installed the fog lights without incident and they work fine

Toyota Service :

I am sorry about that; I never saw your question on my screen. The only way that I was aware that you had a question posted here was via an e-mail to me; I was contacted by a Moderator from this site, who asked me if I would please assist you with your dilemma. In any case, glad to see you got it fixed up. Thanks for considering Just Answer for assistance. I am sure the next time you require assistance, the response time will be much shorter. Have a great day.