Amedee, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Toyota Avalon how do you replace the ignition coil 2006 toyota

how do you replace the ignition coil 2006 toyota avalon # XXXXX cyclinder

It is not that hard to remove the intake manifold. Just unbolt the bolts that hold it down to the lower intake manifold and it will lift up just enough to be able to replace the ignition coil. You do not have to completely remove it from the vehicle. Just enough to be able to pick it up about 3 or 4 inches. IF you can, leave the throttle body connected and pick that up with the the throttle body still connected. There might be one or two braces or brackets towards the back that you will need to unscrew to be able to do this. I believe there will be a 13 or 15 mm bolt that will need ot be removed in order to remove it to lift this intake plenum up. Other that that, it should up right up
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
are you talking the plastic plenum or intake assy
The upper intake plenum.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ill give it a try
Sounds good!

I hope this helps. You can always accept my answer now, and repost back again later on if you have any more questions. If you want to discuss it some more just hit "reply", it's free to do so otherwise don't forget to hit "accept" and leave positive feedback if you found my answer helpful.

Thanks for the accept!

I got your feedback. I just wanted to let you know that I cannot copy and paste information right out of the book as it is against copy write laws to do so.

If you would like, you can go to and purchase a small one time subscription for your vehicle. It will have all of this information you need and more to do this job.

Best Regards