hauto, technician
Experience:  AS degree from an automotive college, 15 years hands on experince

Toyota Tacoma how do I reset the airbag light on a toyota

Customer Question

how do I reset the airbag light on a toyota tacoma 2007
Category: Toyota
Expert:  hauto replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for using JA

Air bag lights can only be reset with a scanner that can communicate with the air bag module, first the trouble code is read then fault traced and repaired. then the code can be reset and the light will be gone.

as long as the light is on the air bag system is deactivated and will not function until the fault is repaired.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I though there was a way to reset the airbag light, just like reseting the service light, I had already taken it to a mechanic but was charging me 75.00 to reset it, but I was trying to do it my self, I thougt there was a way of doing it with out the scanner, your answer really did not work. Thank you.
Expert:  hauto replied 5 years ago.
no not a all , even a mechanic can't reset until the issue is fixed. that is the only answer available. good luck