Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

1985 Celica: Throttle..with a 22re 2.4L engine and a40d transmission

Customer Question

I need a Throttle Valve Cable part #3552014061 for a 1985 Celica with a 22RE 2.4L engine and A40D transmission. Do you have a new original or after market one available?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Joe replied 6 years ago.

My name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you.

Here is a link below to purchase the part new oem.

http://www.villagetoyotaparts.com/products/CABLE-ASSY--THROTTLE/2052606/3552014061.html

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
In my initial question additional information was that I had contacted Village Toyota and Seaauto both of which I had searched for online and neither had the part when I called them. I revised my question to do you have one.
Expert:  Joe replied 6 years ago.

There was no indication in your question you had contacted either of them, and I am sorry but no we do not carry any sort of parts.

Village shows it available.....

If all you need is that throttle cable then you can order it from napa auto parts as they carry the cable.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Napa does not carry the "throttle valve cable". I am also confused that you are not the person whose picture and description cam up when I first listed my question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Other.
The person whose picture came up when I first posted my question is apparently not the same person who has answered my question. He said he needed additional information to answer my question and I used my back button to adjust my question. I had included in my initial question that I had contacted Village Toyota and Seauto who both listed the part online but was told by both they did not have it. Yet the person answering my question said to go to Village Toyota. Now he says go to Napa for a throttle cable. It is not a throttle cable but a throttle Valve cable and no NAPA does not have it available or in their parts locator system.
Expert:  Joe replied 6 years ago.

It is listed as a throttle cable.

Here is your question you posted:

Originating region: United StatesCategory: ToyotaSub-category: Toyota

Toyota Celica: I need a Throttle Valve Cable part #3552014061

Sent to Toyota Experts 6/21/2011 at 5:03 PM -- Report --"Best Of" JACustomer Service/RefundsDuplicate QuestionMiscategorizedOpen QuestionPersonal InfoSend to Category ModUnder 18Underpriced

Country: United States
Make: Toyota
Model: Celica
Year: 1985
Engine: 22RE 2.4L

JACUSTOMER-yh537zp6- (Online) -- 0 Accepts / 1 Answered Question (1 Open) -- Deposit Made!

Time Left: 23 hours and 46 minutes Status: Awaiting Expert Reply Value: $18 Source: Web

No where did it indicate you tried those places until after I suggested them, that part would then need to be obtained from a salvage yard if it is no longer available.

I am going to opt out now.

Good luck!