2000 Toyota Camry LE: v..fuel gauge..the fuel tank connector and that

My son has a 2000 Toyota Camry LE with a v-6 engine. The problem is the fuel gauge is stuck at a 7/8 full reading and doesn't read accurately. I've checked for power and grounds at the fuel tank connector and that seems to check ok. When I disconnect the connector at the tank with KOEO the fuel gauge drops to empty. Also when I substitute a test light with 1.3 ohms resistance the gauge will swing to the full reading. With a full tank of gas the resistance reading across the green/white and and brown terminals at the tank unit is 11.1 ohms. I have removed the tank unit a number of times and can't see anything wrong with it. The resistance reading across the fuel gauge terminals ranges from 10 to 108 ohms and when I manually move the float arm with the tank unit out of the tank and the connector hooked up the gauge moves from empty to full although it does seem slow. I don't see any obstructions inside the tank which would impede the float arm. What am I missing?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX is caused b y a bad sensing unit, you have already done a sweep test on the gauge, and it checks ok, so this means the wiring and the gauge are good, this just leaves the sending unit, remove the sendinding unit and plug it in, then manually move the sending unit, and watch the gauge, this will verify that the sender is bad,Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
As noted before I had the fuel pump/sender assembly out of the tank and hooked up. I moved the float arm back and forth between the stops and the gauge moved from empty to full and back again. If the sending unit works when it's out of the tank why do you think that it might be bad?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.

it may read full when its out, and all the way to the top, but it doesnt go all the way to the top when in the tank, you did a sweep test on the gauge, and it was good, so it has to be in the sending unit,Tim

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So you are saying that the sending unit resistance values are incorrect relative to the float arm position.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
yes, it is the only thing it can be, if the connector was disconnected and the gauge went to empty, and then you grounded it with a test light and it went ot full, then this is a sweep test and it shows the wiring and the gauge to be good,Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What should the ohm reading on the sending be?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
it will vary, obviously, but we dont use the ohm for diagnosis, we use the sweep test, and it rules out all other things,Tim