Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

Toyota Camry XLE 93 camery passenger window will not go d

Customer Question

93 camery passenger window will not go down
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions!

Do you have a voltmeter and know how to use it or a test light?

Skyvisions

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
my 93' toyota camery xle is having problems on the passenger window by not rolling down the window. i have already replaced the regulator motor and the switch to make the window go up and down. if i bypass and go direct to the motor the window goes up and down, once the window is down, i plug in the switch and the window will roll back up but not down again .what are solutions that i could possibly do?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i do have a voltmeter and test light and i do know have to use both

Before we get to allot of electrical test which is not a problem I need you to check the harness that is in the rubber boot that goes from the door to the body and into the left kick panel. Remove the left kick panel and locate the 2 connectors that go out to the rubber grommet in the body. disconnect them and push the rubber boot assemble out and into the door jam area. Untape the end of the rubber boot and carefully push the boot back and inspect the wires. These are notorious to break right about mid point of the harness from the constant flexing of the harness. Let me know if all these wires are intact and we can go from here.

Skyvisions

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
there is nothing wrong with the wires, when i put it direct the window goes up and down , once the window is in the down position i put the switch on and window will come up , its a new regulator and motor and the switch is also new

Where are you applying power when you say you put it DIRECT?

Skyvisions

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
too moter on the reg.
Testing at the motor directly does nothing more than verify the motor is working correctly. In order for the passenger side window to go down the circuit has to be completed through both door jamb wiring harnesses. Rather than get into a lot of detail on how the circuit works which I'm willing to do but is very time-consuming it is quicker to just check the harness as I instructed previously. Even though you're using either Window switch the circuit has to be completed through both door jamb harnesses. The drivers door is the one that gets be used the most therefore it breaks the wires more commonly than the right side door harness. If you have already replaced the switch and the motor and confirm the motor works then you have a circuit flow problem. You could even possibly have a bad master window switch but that has to be determined. That is I'm assuming that you have replaced the right window switch and the window still does not work from either the master switch or the passenger switch. Do the other three Windows work normally from the master switch and from each individual switch? Let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Skyvisions
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes all three windows work from the master switch and from the individual switch except for the passenger side front window. i have very little light but i will contact you in the next few days, thank you. one last question, is there a relay or a fuse that maybe burnt?
No on the relay or fuse. The other Windows and power door locks would not work! I know these systems like the back of my hand. There's no doubt in my mind I can walk you through to a final conclusion. However I need you to be able to go step-by-step with the directions that I supply and diagnostic information. In this type of format it can get very confusing otherwise. My diagnostic skills are only as good as your tests and checks. As I said before we start pin voltage checking we need to confirm the integrity of the wiring harness as I explained. 90% of the time the problem lies there. The circuit is a little complicated but if you walk through it step-by-step is easy to determine the failure. I am about finished for the evening myself. Get back with me as soon as you find out about the harness in the left door jamb boot and we can go from there.

Skyvisions
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you very much and i will contact you, by the way my name is ernie.

I'll be here.