Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

4Runner: check engine light..Pressure control..control solenoid..V6

Customer Question

check engine light, p2714 Pressure control solenoid "D" performance or stuck off. Is this bad? How much will it cost me?

I have a 2006 V6 4Runner with 124000 miles. The car does lurch forward upon accelerating after hard braking.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions!

If you clear the code does it come right back within a few drive cycles? Are there any other codes?

Skyvisions
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, the code came back almost immediately, and this is the only code that they scanned at AutoZone
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
any update?
This does not necessarily mean a major problem in the transmission. This code if it keeps coming back instantly means that there is an open or a short in the electrical portion of the shift solenoid D. This can be anything from a bad solenoid itself or the sub harness in the transmission or even the connector going down to the transmission that supplies power to all the shift solenoids in the transmission. There are no known technical service bulletins addressing this issue. I would start with disconnecting the electrical connectors going to the transmission to see if there's any corrosion or issues with those pin fits. You can also ohm test the sub harness in through the solenoid to check that for continuity. Unfortunately I can't post any diagrams or information due to copyright laws. If you have a voltmeter or ohmmeter I may be able to walk you through some voltage test and ohm test based on wire color and direction. If you would want all of the wiring diagrams and specific pin fits and testing information you can download this from Toyota directly. They charge $15 for a two-day subscription to their Toyota information system. That website is www.techinfo.Toyota.com
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I took it to a Toyota Dealer, and they Solenoid is gone, and needs replacement, quoting approximately $1000. Is this a reasonable price?
Did they give you any kind of explanation as to what their doing for the $1000 that they're charging you for? Did they list any kind of parts that they're saying you need besides the solenoid and what did they quote you for the solenoid?

Skyvisions