Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Toyota Sienna XLE Hi, I need the diagram for timing belt timing,

Hi, I need the diagram for timing belt timing, 2000 Toyota sienna v6 3.0
Does anyone have diagram,photos instructions , AND HEAD TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS BUT IN FOOT POUNDS.THANKS
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

here are head torque specs:

tightening sequence
graphic

Cylinder head onto the gasket Cylinder head bolts lubricated with clean engine oil Tighten the bolts in sequence in 3 steps to 40 ft. lbs.

NOTE If any bolt does not meet the torque, replace it.

Mark the forward edge of each bolt with paint, then tighten each bolt, in proper sequence, an additional 90 degrees. Check that each painted mark is now at a 90 degrees angle to the front

Remaining 8mm bolts, lubricated with engine oil. Tighten both bolts to 13 ft. lbs.

Timing belt directions with timing diagrams:

Removal & Installation

1mz-FE Engine
  1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove the outer front cowl top panel assembly by performing the following procedure:
    1. Remove the wiper arm/blade assemblies head caps, nuts and assemblies.
    2. Remove the head-to-cowl seal and the cowl panel hole cover.
    3. Disconnect the windshield washer clip and hose.
    4. Remove both (right and left) cowl top ventilator louvers.
    5. Disconnect the electrical connector from the windshield wiper motor.
    6. Remove the outer front cowl top panel assembly-to-cowl bolts and the panel.

3. Raise and safely support the vehicle.
  4. Remove the right front wheel assembly and apron seal.
  5. Remove the alternator by performing the following procedure:
    1. Loosen the pivot bolt, adjusting lockbolt and adjusting bolt, then, remove the drive belt.
    2. Disconnect the alternator-s electrical connector.
    3. Remove the nut and the alternator wire.
    4. Disconnect the wiring harness from the clip.
    5. Remove the alternator-to-bracket pivot bolt, the washer, adjusting lockbolt and alternator.

6. Loosen the power steering pump-s mount and adjusting bolt, then, remove the drive belt.
  7. Disconnect the hose from the engine coolant reservoir.
  8. Disconnect the Diagnostic Link Connector 1 (DLC1) from the No. 2 right side engine mounting bracket.
  9. Remove the right side engine mounting stay, the engine moving control rod and the No. 2 right side engine mounting bracket.
  10. Loosen the alternator-s pivot bolt, the nut and the No. 2 alternator bracket.
  11. Using the Crankshaft Pulley Holding tool 09213-54015, Bolt tool 91651-60855 and Companion Flange Holding tool 09330-00021, or equivalent, remove the crankshaft pulley bolt.
  12. Using a Puller -C- Set 09950-50011 (Hanger 150 tool 09951-05010, Slide Arm toolNNN-NN-NNNN Center Bolt 100 tool 09953-05010, Center Bolt 150 tool 09953-05020 and 2 No. 2 Claw tools 09954-05020), pull the crankshaft pulley from the crankshaft.
  13. Remove the lower (No. 1) timing belt cover. Remove the timing belt guide from the crankshaft.
  14. Remove the engine wire protector clamps from the upper (No. 2) timing belt cover and remove the upper (No. 2) timing belt cover.
  15. Remove the right side engine mounting brace
    NOTE If reusing the timing belt, be sure that you can still read the installation marks. If not, place new installation marks on the timing belt to match the timing marks of the camshaft timing pulleys.
  16. Temporarily install the crankshaft pulley bolt.
  17. Set the No. 1 cylinder to Top Dead Center (TDC) of the compression stroke, as follows:
    1. Rotate the crankshaft (CLOCKWISE) to align the timing marks: dimple on the crankshaft timing sprocket with the notch on the oil pump body.
    2. Check that the timing marks on the camshaft sprockets and the rear timing belt cover are aligned; if not, rotate the crankshaft 360 degrees (1 revolution) and align the marks.

18. Remove the timing belt tensioner and the timing belt.

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Exploded view of the timing belt assembly-Toyota Sienna 3.0L (1MZ-FE) engine

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Removing/installing the crankshaft pulley-Toyota Sienna 3.0L (1MZ-FE) engine

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. View of the timing mark locations-Toyota Sienna 3.0L (1MZ-FE) engine

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Timing belt alignment-Toyota Sienna 3.0L (1MZ-FE) engine

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Timing belt tensioner installation preparation-Toyota Sienna 3.0L (1MZ-FE) engine

To install:

1. Inspect the timing belt tensioner by performing the following procedures:
    1. Inspect the seal for leakage; if leakage is suspected, replace the tensioner.
    2. Using both hands to hold the tensioner facing upward, strongly press the pushrod against a solid surface. If the pushrod moves, replace the tensioner.
      WARNING Never hold the tensioner with the pushrod facing downward.
    3. Measure the pushrod protrusion from the housing end, it should be 0.394-0.425 in. (10.0-10.8mm); if the protrusion is not as specified, replace the tensioner.

2. Set the No. 1 cylinder to Top Dead Center (TDC) of the compression stroke, as follows:
    2. Check that the timing marks on the camshaft sprockets and the rear timing belt cover are aligned; if not, rotate the crankshaft 1 revolution (360 degrees) and align the marks.

3. Install the timing belt in the following order:
    1. Crankshaft timing sprocket
    2. Water pump pulley
    3. Left camshaft timing sprocket
    4. No. 2 idler pulley
    5. Right camshaft sprocket
    6. No. 1 idler pulley

4. Using a vertical press, slowly press the pushrod into the housing using(NNN) NNN-NNNNlbs. (981-9807 N) until the holes align, then, install a 1.27mm Allen® wrench to secure the pushrod and release the press. Install the dust boot on the tensioner housing.
  5. Install the timing belt tensioner and torque the bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
  6. Remove the Allen® wrench from the tensioner housing.
  7. Slowly, rotate the crankshaft (CLOCKWISE) 2 complete revolutions and realign the timing marks. If the timing marks do not align, remove the timing belt and reinstall it.
  8. Remove the crankshaft pulley bolt.
  9. Install the right side engine mounting bracket and torque the bolts to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
  10. Clean and install the upper (No. 2) timing belt cover.
    NOTE If the gasket material on the timing belt covers is cracked, peeling or etc., replace it.
  11. Install the timing belt guide on the crankshaft with the cup side facing outward.
  12. Clean and install the lower (No. 1) timing belt cover.
  13. Install the crankshaft pulley.
  14. Using the Crankshaft Pulley Holding tool 09213-54015, Bolt tool 91651-60855 and Companion Flange Holding tool 09330-00021, or equivalent, install the crankshaft pulley bolt and torque the bolt to 159 ft. lbs. (215 Nm).
  15. To complete the installation, reverse the removal procedures.
  16. Connect the negative battery cable.
  17. Start the engine and check for leaks.
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask for more help.
Otherwise please remember to click the accept button to pay for services rendered per the customer agreement as this is a paysite and the expert is not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so.

If you have a subscription service, you still need to click the accept button, but you are NOT charged again. Please note that poor accept rate will result in future questions being ignored by experts as they know that they will not be paid for their time or services. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Set the No. 1 cylinder to Top Dead Center (TDC) of the compression stroke, WHICH ONE IS THE FIRST CYLINDER, AND HOW TO TORQUE HEAD BOLT IN TREE SEQUENCE
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Torque the head bolts in the sequence given at 15, 30 and then 40 ft lbs.

this shows the #1 cylinder:

Click image to see an enlarged view
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Is there something else in regards XXXXX XXXXX timing belt you need information on? I have provided the directions, diagrams, along with head torque specs and sequence, as well as firing order diagram.

Unless you have a further question, you do need to click the accept button so that I am paid for my time and services. Thank you

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.